Growing up in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, I found myself good at pursuing many things; I balanced academic pursuits with a love for basketball and community involvement. After attaining my Bachelor of Science Degree at the University of British Columbia, I pursued dentistry and an orthodontics specialty at New York University in New York City, where I graduated with Honours and Cum Laude of Omicron Kappa Upsilon.
With a stellar practice history that includes over 400 complex orthodontic cases, I enjoy building rapport with patients and their families, and believe we are partners in reaching their orthodontic goals. As a board-certified orthodontist, I use my passion to develop new techniques and use cutting-edge technology to make patients’ treatments quicker, more aesthetic, and as pain-free as possible. My expertise includes all types of braces, Invisalign®, clear braces, and lingual braces. I am also an orthodontic faculty member in the Department of Orthodontics at the University of British Columbia, where I teach third and fourth year dental students about new techniques, and how to use these techniques to achieve optimal results for patients.
Multilingual in English, Punjabi, Hindi, and Urdu, my philosophy revolves around a total dedication to individualized patient attention and care, evident in the initial diagnosis and treatment plan formulation as well as every office visit. I am a firm believer in community involvement and take the time to do outreach with the community in the form of education articles in local print media and the sponsorship of various cultural events.
Achievements & Awards
- Member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honour Society -- Delta Dental Student Leadership Award
Honours in Orthodontics
- Alpha Omega Fellowship Research Award
- Provincial Basketball Championship
- Awarded City of Prince Rupert Citizen Medallion
- Presentation on "Expression of Chemokines and Chemokine Receptors During Orthodontic Tooth Movement" on May 3rd 2010 at the Washington, DC, AAO Annual General Session
- Certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada as a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Board Eligible for the American Board of Orthodontics
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- NorthEast Society of Orthodontists
Outside the Office
I currently live in the Surrey area. When I am not treating patients or teaching dental students, I can be found volunteering within the community, travelling, hiking, playing basketball, frequenting local beaches, and spending time with my family, especially my brothers.